Based in Blenheim, Rigtec are an industry leader in Rowing manufacturing and Engineering, we are looking for an experienced Operations Manager to join our busy and growing team now! With a strong presence in NZ and a reputation for delivering high quality products, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a business that shows no signs of stopping.
There is potential for this candidate to buy a share of Rigtec Engineering to become a partner and shareholder after proving you can take Rigtec to another level.
We are looking for people who can bring further work with them to boost our current production levels and add to our client base.
Reporting to the CEO, Rigtec are seeking the right person to utilise their practical Engineering and leadership experience and become part of the team.
As Manufacturing Operations Manager, you will be responsible for leading your team towards achieving company-wide goals around the growth and development of Rigtec.
This position has a pivotal role to play in Rigtec’s competitiveness in the market, ensuring that, from a fabrication stand point, we are manufacturing the best products in the most efficient and effective way.
To be our successful applicant you will need the following skills:
- An Engineering Degree or equivalent qualification at University level – with practical experience
- At least five year’s experience in a production, operations or engineering management role and have the ability to lead and support a team of 10 staff
- Familiarity with CNC, Solid-works and Cam packages would be an advantage.
- Exceptional organisational skills – this is a varied role so you must be able to work under pressure and work to deadlines
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills
- Be personable, approachable and empathetic
- A passion for operational excellence and process development and improvement.
- The ability to think logically, solve problems and think outside the square when required.
- Have a solid understanding of the principals involved in document control, health & safety and data reporting.
- Possess strong financial acumen in a business environment
- Demonstrate team player attributes with a personable manner, positive and energetic approach to work, staff and clients.
- You will also need a great sense of humor, and not take things too seriously!
This is is a great career opportunity that rewards the right person with the right skills. If you’re excited and confident of ticking our boxes, then we’d love to hear from you. Apply through our website…. www.rigtec.co.nz or contact me directly, Mark Webb, CEO, Rigtec Engineering Ltd. 0275914473
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa