Based in Blenheim, South Island
We manufacture rowing rigging parts for clubs and schools throughout NZ. We manufacture machined parts and do work for several large clients locally and throughout NZ.
To set up, operate and maintain the CNC Machine, working with the fabrication team on projects. Programming parts using Cam package from solid works step files.
- 3 years’ experience as CNC Metal Machinist using a variety of CNC machines
- Experience in interpreting drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finish workpiece, a sequence of operations, and setup requirements
- Ability to measure, mark, and scribe dimensions and reference points on material or work-piece as guides for subsequent machining as necessary
- Ability to select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines as necessary to machine parts as required
- Ability to calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut
- Ability to set up and operate machine tools according to detailed drawings and specifications
- Ability to observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls as required
- Ability to set up and operate machines on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data
- Knowledgeable in mechanical aptitude to troubleshoot machine problems
- Knowledgeable on CNC programming
- Be a honest worker that can deliver a product in a reasonable timeframe.
What the company can offer:
- Work is based in a family orientated part of NZ.
- Heart of New Zealand’s wine region with Marlborough sounds on the doorstep.
- 4 Weeks per year annual leave
- Future growth prospects for the right person.